Report a fraud account or lost card on a cash app
- May 19, 2020
Money transferring gets easier these days with various money transfer applications. It is very easy to transfer money to your friends and relatives within seconds. Some people create fake accounts on cash app to cheat people and make money by fraud. Many times, customers observe suspicious activities happening with their accounts like the mail of any phishing activity or unauthorized login. If you have observed something like this with your account, then we advise you to report a Cash App account immediately.
How can you report a Cash App account?
You can report about the fraud transaction on the help and support section of the cash app. Apart from this, customers can follow these measures to protect themselves from scams.
- Victims of cash app frauds can change their PIN at regular time intervals.
- Sometimes you get a link from the cash app to enter your details. We suggested to not enter your personal details on any Link received via mail or Message. It might be possible that the fraudster is trying to get your sensitive information with that fake link.
- You can also report about the scam on social media to aware others of this.
- Do not share your personal details and bank details with friends, family members, and unknown peoples.
Blocking cash app card: If your cash card is stolen then we advise you to block it immediately, otherwise, it will get empty. To report on cash app for a stolen card you need to follow these steps:
- Tap on the Cash Card tab showing on your Cash App home screen
- Tap on the image of your Cash Card
- Select “Problem With Card”
- Select “Card Stolen”
- Now confirm with entering your PIN or Touch ID.
It requires to contact the merchant on the first go if you notice that someone makes an unauthorized payment from your card. It is mandatory to contact the cash app support if the transaction approves. The refund of the canceled transaction initiates to your source account in 10 business days.
Sometimes you get a call asking to share your bank details To transfer the amount won in a lucky draw organized by the company. We would like to inform you that the company will never ask for your personal details. If you are getting this type of call then block them immediately and report to the cash app support team. Reporting at the correct time will help others to stay safe from fraud.